Looking for the beginning?

Looking for somewhere to start? Check out Song 1 here!

Saturday, 26 February 2011

26/2 Update

First of all, thank you for all your kind comments about songs 6 & 7!  Here at Falconer Towers we're over the moon with the response generated by Jess's performance... but that's only part of what I'm doing this for.  I'm killing myself here trying to get a song a week recorded, so please make sure it's not all in vain, and DONATE TO PARKINSON'S UK by clicking on the widget on the top right!

Just finished writing this week's song - it's kind of a commission for brilliant stoner rock band Earthtide*. Amongst their riff-based Deep Purple/Sabbath type music is a fantastic song about Jaws called "Bigger Boat"; the idea came up about doing a similar song about the Jerry Bruckheimer monstrosity Armageddon, and I volunteered to come up with a suitable ditty.  I'll explain more about the writing of the song when I post it in the next couple of days.

Also, rehearsal on Thursday evening with the Peter Falconer Band was very exciting - looking forward to an electrifying set on 9th March at the Water Rats, King's Cross. We're on at 8pm - drop me a line if you want to get on the Early Bird discount list!

Finally, exciting new purchase - Korg X50 keyboard (the little one on the top)


It's basically all the sounds of my old Triton ProX, except where the former weighs about four ton and is the size of a sofa, this is a teeny little thing that weighs - get this - 4.5kg!  Which means, of course, that while I'll still be using the Yamaha piano (big one on the bottom) for most gigs, the X50 will do just fine for any depping in bands that want a keyboard player rather than a piano player.

Anyway, that's me for now.  Stay tuned - song 8 on the way soon!


* Featuring Andrew "Randy" Nicholls, star photographer, whose latest shoot with me will be online soon; and Steve "Steve" McGuigan, who drums with the Peter Falconer band an' all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...