Looking for the beginning?

Looking for somewhere to start? Check out Song 1 here!

Sunday, 9 January 2011

Song Number 1: "Wears The Soap"

We have lift off!  

Due to January being a pain in the arse, today is the first chance I've had to actually do some recording, so I made the most of it.  Written and recorded in five hours, I present to you the first song of my Song A Week 2011 project, "Wears The Soap."  Make of it what you will - I'd be interested in your comments on what you think of it, and what the hell you think it might be about!

I've done my part - now it's time for you to do yours: click on the widget in the top right to donate to Parkinson's UK!

I'm really pleased with this first track.  I don't think it's a particularly good song, but one of the reasons I started this project was to get over my nasty habit of starting a song, getting upset because it's not Life On Mars or Heart Of Glass and giving up

So here, I started writing the music; had a couple of tantrums, but kept going, finished the music and started on the words; had another tantrum, but kept going; and before I knew it I had a finished song and could start having fun with the production.  Thanks must go to my wife for giving me a stern word after my second hissy fit!

3 comments:

A said...

I like it!

It sounds Squeeze-ish to me. Wicked!

Jess said...

Off to a flying start! Well done! xx

Pete the Feet said...

A - thanks for that! It's funny - even though I've never though of Squeeze as a conscious influence, I've had more comparisons with them than any other band. Get in!

Jess - will you make me a carrot cake if I hit 45 songs?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...