Looking for the beginning?

Looking for somewhere to start? Check out Song 1 here!

Friday, 6 May 2011

Song Number 16: Canapé Chat

Here we go:


Now please put your money where my mouth is!  I'm breaking my back here trying to keep up with the weeks as they fly past, so the least you can do is donate a few quid to Parkinson's UK! 


The words were written before the music, prompted by a phrase in a ridiculous "Royal Top Trumps" game in Grazia magazine (not an organ I habitually take, I might mention!). 

The lead vocal sound in the verse might interest the geeks amongst you - there's one track of conventionally treated vocal, and one track of the exact same vocal take shoved up an octave through a pitchshifter, and then back down to the original pitch with another.  The slight delay and loss of sound quality makes it sound interestingly doubletracked, I think.  So there you go!

Otherwise there are all sorts of bits and pieces going on, and I could have (should have) spent a lot more time building up arrangement in the choruses to make them a bit more interesting, but I need to move on to song 17 already!

Having a bit of a flap at the moment - I'm trying to catch up with the weekly target, but the last two weekends have been destroyed by public holidays (both of which were lovely, of course, but not conducive to SAW2011).  Plus, I'm getting the band ready for the gig on the 12th of May at The Bedford in Balham!

Doors at 7.30; we'll be on at 9. The set will feature a couple of tracks as yet unplayed by the new band, and at least one Song A Week 2011 track!

Also playing:

Emi Green (http://www.emigreenmusic.com/), formerly of Home & Away, now a respected songwriter

and

Nigel H Seymour (http://www.nigelhseymour.co.uk/), seasoned folk sort.

Check out the Facebook Event page and sign up as an attendee!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...