Looking for the beginning?

Looking for somewhere to start? Check out Song 1 here!

Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Song Number 3: Best That I Can Be

Here we go! 


I've done my bit - now it's time to do yours!  Click on the JustGiving widget up there on the right, and pledge some pennies to Parkinson's UK!

What an absolute nightmare I've had with this third song.  I work on one idea, get nowhere, and move onto another idea.  Then I get hacked off with that one and move on to another.  I realised today that if I was going to get anything done at all, I was going to have to pick one idea and stick with it until the whole thing was written. 

With time getting on, it made sense to go with the song that would take the least production time, hence the one-man-and-his-piano arrangement this time around.  No banjos here.  

So what have I learnt this week?  Well, if I'm faced with several song ideas,  none of which inspire me, it's best to pick one and hammer it out.  As much as it hurts a songwriter's pretentious artistic pride to say it, a mediocre song is worth more than a great idea that never gets realised. 

OH - while I'm here...

... donations have stalled somewhat, so I need you guys to help me spread the word!  Pass the link around; Tweet, re-Tweet, and Thrice Tweet using the button on the top right or by following my Twitter feed; add a link to your own blog if you have one (I'll happily link yer back).  And on a personal level, please leave your comments on the songs, either here, on the YouTube page, or the Facebook page - it means a lot to hear your thoughts on the tracks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...