Looking for the beginning?

Looking for somewhere to start? Check out Song 1 here!

Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Song Number 41: Scene

From out of the frozen tundra it came...


Wrote and recorded this in my father's studio on Sunday afternoon while we were visiting them up North. 

Dad's studio, like mine, is what is politely termed a "project studio", which is a polite euphemism for saying no bugger else can get the thing to work, so I belted this out pretty sharpish to avoid prolonged arguments over the relative merits of Cubase and Logic. 


There are some really lovely mics and pre-amps up there, and I'm very pleased with the sound of the (one take!) drums.  If I'd had more time I could have (should have) spent longer on the bass and vocal sounds, but there you go.  BVs were done sat in front of the computer with a hand-held SM57 for speed.

As far as the writing goes, I like the "across the ocean floor" line, but the mid 8 bored me so much I chopped a bunch of bars out of the middle of it and skipped to the end of an improvised rant about being sick of the sound of my own voice.

The video's taken from Little Annie Rooney, from the wonderful Fleischer Studios.

Song 42 coming as soon as possible, I promise.  Thanks for all your donations and comments so far.  Please keep them coming  - these last few weeks are going to be really really tough!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...