Looking for the beginning?

Looking for somewhere to start? Check out Song 1 here!

Thursday, 1 September 2011

Song Number 32: Last Time You Break My Heart

And that's it for tonight...


There's a bonus point for anybody who can guess where the drumbeat at the beginning comes from. 

More fiddling in the studio for this one, though the title/chorus came to me in one go before I set foot in there.  The second verse ("I'm taking steps...") is a bit of a Talking Heads reference and there's a Linn drum machine clap in there I've been wanting to use for ages.


If it's good enough for Prince...

Unfortunately, over the month I've been away, having my throat raped by air conditioning, my tuning's gone to pot, my tone's back to that horrible whine I've been trying to get away from for so long, and I appear to have forgotten how to mix a track properly.  I've not been well, people.

CAN PETER PULL IT TOGETHER IN TIME FOR HIS GIG ON THE 27th SEPTEMBER AT THE BEDFORD, BALHAM?  WE'LL SEE, BUT IN THE MEANTIME DONATE SOME MONEY TO PARKINSON'S UK TO MAKE HIM FEEL BETTER!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...