Looking for the beginning?

Looking for somewhere to start? Check out Song 1 here!

Thursday, 1 September 2011

Song Number 30: Bakelite Lady

By this point, I was starting to have trouble...


Recorded in a terrifying old house in New Orleans, this one features instruments sold to me by the wonderful CJ of Amro music, Memphis TN.  However, after a fortnight of hostile temperatures and equally evil air conditioning, my throat was really starting to suffer...



I might also add that the flute sounds out of tune because I was using somebody else's guitar that they'd left in this house, and it was flat.  I didn't dare tune the thing up for fear of breaking a string, and on our month away every music shop in the US seemed to be closed except Amro, which was a 9 hour train journey away.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...