Looking for the beginning?

Looking for somewhere to start? Check out Song 1 here!

Thursday, 21 July 2011

Hang on again...

I'm off on (belated) honeymoon to the States on Monday - four weeks around the North, South and West - but this means I've been cramming a hell of a lot in at the moment to pay for it!  But Song A Week will still be continuing.  Here's what's coming up in the next few weeks:

  • Song 28 - the most ridiculous track I've done since Marty & Me back at track 4
  • Thoughts on the second and third Secrets of the Pop Song BBC programme - read my thoughts on part one here
  • Various wibblings about musical things I come across in the US of A
  • And of course, Songs 29 onwards.  Yes, courtesy of VocaLive I'll be able to record while we're out there.  (I have a very understanding wife - it was actually Jess's suggestion!)
Ta-ra! Mind the roads!
 But in the meantime, as we'll be going to Graceland at some point, here's a track I recorded a few years ago of which I'm very fond - it's an odd little thing, but I'd love to know what you think.  I think it's kind of a prelude to Song 26: Escape on Amenartas.



  
More tracks at my Soundcloud Site 

And finally, do try and come along to the gig tomorrow night (Friday 22nd July) at The Star Inn, Guildford. We'll be playing a few new tracks from the Song A Week project, and will be supported by Steve The Drummer's band Earthtide - 70s inspired metal with stoner grooves.  They are not to be missed - a truly excellent band, with excellent musicianship and superb heavy-as-Rick-Waller guitar riffs that lift them above most other metal bands on the circuit.  £2 in; doors about 8.30. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...