Looking for the beginning?

Looking for somewhere to start? Check out Song 1 here!

Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Song Number 24: Never Again

Tight Pants Time, chaps!

Now do your good deed for the day and donate a few quid to Parkinson's UK by visiting http://www.justgiving.com/songaweek or clicking the widget on the top right!

This came out a little more 90s than I expected, but that sort of thing's in fashion at the moment... isn't it?  Anyway, I'm quietly chuffed with this one.  I wrote the chords on guitar first, then the melody for the chorus came next.  If you checked out the Paul Simon interview I posted (if you didn't, click here now!) you might recall him talking about words being suggested by a certain note requiring a certain vowel - the top Bs in the chorus were never going to have an "EEE" sound, because it sounds ghastly, but an "EH" sound is much more pleasing to the ear (and easier to sing), so "nEHver again" appeared through the mists.

I'm coming up to the half way point of Song A Week 2011 (already!) and I'm planning on doing a quick video blog to say hello, say thank you, and sum up the first six months of the project.  I'll also gladly answer any questions you might have about SAW2011, the fundraising, my songwriting or anything like that, so if there's anything you've been absolutely burning to ask me for the last six months but couldn't bring yourself to ask it on here, then drop me a line through www.peterfalconer.co.uk/contact.  If not, I wouldn't blame you in the slightest!


Thanks again to all of you for your support, comments and donations so far - keep them all coming!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...