Looking for the beginning?

Looking for somewhere to start? Check out Song 1 here!

Wednesday, 8 June 2011

Song Number 21: Disappointment

It never bloody ends!


After a very long few days, I barely had the energy to get this one done... and what happened?  I accidentally deleted half the song, and Logic (being the most inappropriately named system in history) wouldn't let me get it back.

I'm tired, and I need to get cracking on with songs 22 and 23, so it's here, half naked.

The song was written after I caught myself being even more cynical than usual.  There's a line in Yes, Minister which goes something like "A cynic is what an idealist calls a realist," which I think is probably true... but there's a point when too much cynicism drains you of your humanity.  So I gave myself a kick up the arse.

"A clear conscience?  Since when did you acquire
a taste for such luxuries?"

And it's a good thing, too - for this very afternoon I was interviewed by Rebecca O'Neill for TFM (Teesside FM).  TFM, on my old school bus journey, is the reason why I can't hear Simply The Best by Tina Turner without singing the South Cleveland Garages advert along with it.  People from that neck of the woods will know what I'm on about.

The interview will be broadcast this Saturday (11th June) on one of their morning news broadcasts - 96.6FM if you're in the area, or tfmradio.com if you're not!

And now, I'm going to bed.  Night, all!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...