Looking for the beginning?

Looking for somewhere to start? Check out Song 1 here!

Friday, 17 June 2011

Song Number 22: Sniper

Direct from the Sandman...





I had one day (four hours, as it turned out) to write and record this song, and I decided the subject would be whatever I dreamt of that night.

Unfortunately for you guys, it wasn't one of my more spectacular nightmares (last night, for example, I dreamt I was trapped in a farm with the cast of The Lady Vanishes, under siege from Triffids.  A valiant rescue operation was undertaken by men armed with flame throwers and baby T-Rexes, but to no avail...)

Not much use against Triffids
 No, the night in question was taken up by a very worried sniper sitting at a window muttering silently to himself about a whole bunch of weirdness.

I quite like the bass line in this track (but that's about it!) - might re-use it in a better song sometime...

VERY NEAR THE HALF WAY POINT NOW - please keep the donations coming.  I'll be posting Song 23 over the weekend, with Songs 24 and 25 to be done next week. http://www.justgiving.com/songaweek

3 comments:

Jess said...

This is one of my favourites! xx

katswhispers said...

Actually really like this song. Good work Peter. Donation will be winging its way to you once you hit the halfway mark so keep it up! x

Pete the Feet said...

Thanks, chapesses!

Yeah, there are bits of it I'm fond of now it's had time to settle - the bass line and the whispery bits in particular. Surprising how many of these songs I've grown to like over time, after being mortified about having to put them online.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...